Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 reading list


2011 is drawing to a close and I can't say I'm unhappy, it wasn't such a great year. Not so much in a every day life kind of way, I'm blessed with good company but I felt that bad news was hanging over our heads and more often than not, it actually fell upon us. I wasn't miserable or anything, just nervous. I'd like to say something like here's to hoping 2012 will be a better year but I know already it simply can't be, at least for us.
I made very few resolutions at the start of 2011 but I actually stuck to them (more or less): read one book a month, post at least once a week and go back to education.
Here's what I read in 2011:
1. The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera (read review here)
2. The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy, Tim Burton (read review here)
3. Grace, The Secret lives of A Princess, James Spada (read review here)
4. Brighton Rock, Graham Greene (read review here)
5. Anita Loos, Gary Carey
6. South of The Border, West of The Sun, Haruki Murakami
7. Generation X, Douglas Coupland
8. Mary Poppins, P.L. Travers
9. Edith Head: The Life And Times of Hollywood's Celebrated Costume Designer, David Chierichetti
10. Sputnik Sweetheart, Haruki Murakami
11. Valley of The Dolls, Jacqueline Susann
12. Just Kids, Patti Smith
13. Kitchen, Banana Yoshimoto
14. Sweetheart: Story of Mary Pickford, Robert Windeler
15. The Virgin Suicides, Jeffrey Eugenides
I wish I had kept reviewing the books I read but I got lazy (as usual). Well I guess here's one resolution for 2012.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...